skimmer question

which one? Many people say the prizms suck, but it seams that on smaller tanks they do alright, but i also hear that those same people that claim they do alright end up upgrading to a good skimmer like the coralife superskimmer 65 or something. IMO, just start w/the css 65 on a 29. That will give you the piece of mind that you have something that will work, and it will probably save you money should you ever want to upgrade from the prizm

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8115283#post8115283 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sir_dudeguy
which one? Many people say the prizms suck, but it seams that on smaller tanks they do alright, but i also hear that those same people that claim they do alright end up upgrading to a good skimmer like the coralife superskimmer 65 or something. IMO, just start w/the css 65 on a 29. That will give you the piece of mind that you have something that will work, and it will probably save you money should you ever want to upgrade from the prizm
I agree.

If you already have the Prizm, go ahead and use it. If you don't have a skimmer yet, get something better. CSS are nice, affordable HOB skimmers.

That's my $0.02

prizm arejust slightly better than a skilter, I cused many times when it just stopped working and my nitrates went nuts. Horrible skimmer if you want good water quality, an ok skimmer is the water quality you want is barely average. I user my prizm to cycle live rock, nothing else. If you are going to get a skimmer, then buy a aquaC, it amazes me. Tunze is also very good. CSS are good, but not the best unless you double up or go overkill they can be fickle as well. When using a cheap skimmer (prizm) you really dont know what you are missing until you get a true skimmer.
my skimmer experience:
skilter: F
prizm: D-
CSS: C+
aquaC remora: A+
Tunze aslo gets an A from the reviews I have read

Back