skimmer question

rlee81indy

In Memoriam
I have a guy with an up and running 125 he wants to sell. It seems like a pretty good deal at 500 bucks. He is running a wet/dry that I would convert into a fuge or possible do away with and put a fuge in. The skimmer is an Aquarium systems skimmer and I wanted to know if anyone here has had experience with these. The tank has been running for a year (or so he says) with one move about 6 months ago. He said the skimmer works fine but I would like some info from people on here that have had them. Thanks in advance!

That is such a good deal that I would set up the protein skimmer and see how much skimmate you are getting from it--that's the true test of a skimmer.
There are alot of great skimmers out there now and everyone has their favorite
By all means get the low down but don't act till you test the one out you have

if your looking to buy that setup the last thing i would worry about being a deal breaker is the skimmer... skimmers are cheap get a high end one for 200$ range for that size, or get a cheapie one to....

i personally run a oddysea skimmer on my 75 gal tank, cost me 50bux shipped works like a top

yeah I am probably getting it. I am working up the nerve to sell my PS3 to fund it. I just spent 3k on my vacation so its a bit of a big purchase right now.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12897870#post12897870 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rlee81indy
yeah I am probably getting it. I am working up the nerve to sell my PS3 to fund it. I just spent 3k on my vacation so its a bit of a big purchase right now.

If that is the case think about your maintenance costs, your hydro, your ro water--you might need to buy a unit for it, the cost of the chemicals ect ect

What kind of lighting does it have by the way? and when were the bulbs last changed

This will be my second system, so I know the upkeep. Its just that nearly 4k in two weeks is a pinch. Im only selling my PS3 to make my wife ok with the fact that Im buying another tank and not another Golden Retriever. It has 1 250w 20k MH and I plan on buying two more.

Back