Skimmer

Ronny#66

I have a 25 gal tank Would like to put a skimmer the outside hang on type. i had a Seaclone on it and it was nothing but trouble threw it in trash kept the power head only thing that ever worked on it. I'm having trouble with Cyno it's green and is on live rock and on the sand bed. kinda like a blanket on sand you can push around. Was looking on line and would like something not expensive that works . my tank is rectangular not a nano. Local shop advised i should start skimming again to improve water to alleviate the Cyno if that is what it is problem.

Ronny

Thanks Brob22 I looked at the aqua max seem like good skimmer but don't they all till you try to use them. Kinda pricey for a little 25 gal. But went and looked at many economy priced they all have negative comments and positive . I'm back where I was a few years ago when I posted on same subject. Seems in this case you maybe get what you par for. I know years ago I purchases a sea clone and at the time it was supposed to be top of the line it was junk. Anyone know of a affordable one that hangs on back no room in tank it would look bad and coraline would make a mess of it.

Ronny

Skimmer

Well I think George I bought the clone in 1997 I thought it was a good one but enough of that . I'm looking for a unit for a 25 gal . Most nano tank skimmers go in sump made into these small tanks.

I understand wanting to save money on the skimmer. If I was you though I would splurge on the skimmer and try to save money in other areas, like water flow. The last thiong you would want is to constantly worry about how much you feed and about your water quality.

Just another thought would be to try to find a used one on this site or ebay. It might take awhile. but im sure one will pop up.

anyways just trying to help
good luck

Skimmer

Aquareferman How do I tell if they work ok the first one is similar to a sea clone. The trouble with these things no way to tell if they work ok. The price is not bad. The square one very compact. there were no reviews on these.

Ronny

Skimmer

Well went to yahoo looked up Eshops psk 75 and all didn't like it. So seems no one likes what they have .I sure don't want to spend over hundred bucks on something that is not going to do the job on a small tank.

Ronny:blown:

skimmer

skimmer

Well I'll try another avenue all who have economical hang on back of tank skimmer post what it is and what it cost . i am looking for one that will service a 25 gal rectangular tank.

Ronny

I'm looking at the ESHOPS PSK 75 H anyone using this skimmer ? Does it work ? I don't want to spend a lot of money especially on a skimmer bought on line . Seems that everyone that suggests one I read bad reviews on it Realy difficult to make up my mind.

Ronny

Skimmer

Well went read reviews on the ESHOPS 1 good 7 bad. Just frustrated. The fella that loves it says it works fine other 6 say its junk !

Ronny

Well I got minimal help on this thread . The few that put there 2 cents worth in really was appreciated. I decided to purchase a Reef Octopus BH 100 protein skimmer. I pais $110.99 free shipping. Hope it works !!

Ronny

Sorry Ive been away from RC for a couple of days.

I work in retail and the 2 skimmers I mentioned are the top 2 HOB skimmers I deal with. People love them who purchase them. Although the Octopus does have a bigger fan base if you ask me. I use the Octopus HOB and love it.

Back