skimmers?

ptr13

Hey guys,what is the best skimmer out there for less than 500 dollars? Either in sump or external.

Alot depends on how large of a system youre planning, personally I dont think you can go wrong with the MSX / Octo Extremes for the money.

Ive had the MSX250 since they came out (actually pre-ordered one before there were even pictures, just basing it off the specs) and its been a GREAT purchase...

I'm happy with my ASM-G2, but the guy I bought it from had upgraded the pump to a Sedra 7000 so that may have helped performance. I think it regularly comes with a 3500 or a 5000, and I've heard mixed reviews about the former.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14769017#post14769017 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wolf pup
Jeff, I'll take your BM when you get your I-Tech :)
Gross dude :p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14769017#post14769017 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wolf pup
Jeff, I'll take your BM when you get your I-Tech :)

Very gross indeed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good grief :rolleyes: first everyone asking about the "poop" of the lettuce nudi and now I guess I should have spelled out "Bubble Master" ... sad

indidog1, if you happen to know off hand - what is the watt draw of the hyperflow? - I'm tossing around the idea of a beckett but worried about making ComEd smile even more than they do now.

I have a 125 with heavy bio load,I do have a skimmer able to skim 200 capacity but I do not think its skimming enough,the skimmer is a fission current one.

I would definitely go with the MSX / Octopus Extreme 200 or 250. Awesome skimmers for the money. I've been blown away with their performance.

I love my PM Redline... but I also have a new Marineland skimmer that really works great with about a 4" footprint.

Back