Skimz protein skimmer revisited.

ptr13

any problems with this product at all and where do guys seek for help on these warranties,know they are halfway around the world. Hope WM will help us backed the warranties of these skimmers,the original co is in singapore,yes in asia. Emailed them 3x or more with no response,great skimmer but lacks service.

No matter what brand you buy, you may be the lucky one that has an issue. This is exactly why I purchased the SRO skimmers. I had read about excellent customer service, besides their performance. I actually had an issue, and the part was at my home in 2 days after one email sent! I have yet to see any other maker offer that kind of service.

Thanks wildman,everyone was raving about this product especially aquacave,dont even think they know this product well,they just wanted to sell it. I love how it skimz but longevity is questionable,had my vertex longer than this skimmer and with no glitch,just to change the impeller.

I am sorry to hear you can not get your problem resolved. I hope it gets corrected soon. It is not easy plopping down the kind of money we do for this hobby in these times.

If I were you, I would sell it, and opt for an SRO, SWC, any company here in the states. Warranties are one issue, but what if your pump is not covered? What would it cost to replace it? The pump is the heart of the skimmer. That 3 year warranty on my SRO pump really sealed the deal with me.

I have bought some items from Aquacave, just for the price point. However, one of our sponsors here, Premium Aquatics, meets or beats anyone elses, and has excellent customer service before and after the sale. You can verify that by their forum here and what people have posted. Same goes for Coralvue.

Back