Slimer turning brown with no P.E.

Good day everyone.

Before posting this I have read through pages of other threads and still have questions, so here I am. I have a green Slimer that was my fastest grower in the tank. About 2 weeks ago it started to extend its polyps less and turn brown. Now it has virtually no p e. It is right next to a tort that is very healthy with great p e and nothing else in the tank (lps, SPS) show any bad signs. The only thing that I have done different is about 3 weeks ago I started using Reef Energy (1ml total 1/week). My thought is excess nutrients because of some brown on the sand and having to clean the glass every other day since, but I have tested 0 for phosphate and nitrate/ite (salifert). I have dipped it in Bayer also and saw some little things in bottom of container, but it looked like pods only.

My parameters are:
Ph 8.1
Ammonia 0
Phosphate 0
Nitrate/trite 0
Salinity 1.025
Alk 7.7 (raised to 9 now)
Mag 1350
Calcium 420

Is it possible to have an excess nutrient that wouldn't register on a test? I have done 4 water changes since then (10g, 5gx 3) with rodi water(new filters) and I use Reef Crystals. Just trying to give as much info as possible.

Thank you!

Thank you for responding.

I am not using it again until I can figure out if it's the cause. I figured a high number of water changes would dilute it if it is.

Back