smallest tail spot blenny I have ever seen

pledosophy

I got a tail spot blenny. It is the smallest blenny I have ever seen. The entire fish could easily fit in a pen cap.

So far the fish is happy, out and about. I have not been able to get it to except any prepared foods yet though. Have tried:

rods food
brine
daphinia
mysis
carnivore cuisine (mix of different meaty foods)
Emerald Entree

There is ample pods in the system and the blenny is picking at the rocks. Also it seems to be a pooping machine so it's getting something to eat. Would like to find a food source though.

Might try Artic pods in the morning if no on else has any better ideas.

He's currently housed in a 34g with a newly modified overflow box. He shares it with a couple of peppermint shrimp a few mushrooms. It has a 25g refugium too so the pod supply is up there.

Thanks for the look.

My tail spot loves Formula Two Flakes. I've had him a week and that is the only thing I've seen him eat. He hasn't touched any meaty foods, but they are listed as herbivores............

My other herbivour blennys all eat the prelisted foods. I think it is a size issue.

I'll pick up the flakes tomorrow as well. Saw him/her poop again tonigh so the fish is finding something to eat. It's really a pooping machine, I see it poop at least three times a day. Maybe I need a life.

Try some nori or some of the algae wafers/tablets. I wouldn't worry about him not eating as long as he appears plump and healthy.

They all seem fairly similar, I've always used Hikari and Sera. The Sera product is more like a tablet than a wafer. Tetra has a new one that looks interesting as well.

Back