Snail excreting white liquid

FishAddict87

Well as the title says...I have a snail that is excreting a white liquid and it started getting the attention of my fish which is making it do more. I think its a banded torchus snail. I have a video attached. If anyone knows what this is and if it is dangerous please let me know asap lol. You will see it right after I say "Spitting out white liquid" Tank is very healthy and I just did a 20 gallon water change. Sorry for the crappy Iphone video, LEDs really aren't ideal for videos. Thanks in advance. Iv never seen it before.

Well as the title says...I have a snail that is excreting a white liquid and it started getting the attention of my fish which is making it do more. I think its a banded torchus snail. I have a video attached. If anyone knows what this is and if it is dangerous please let me know asap lol. You will see it right after I say "Spitting out white liquid" Tank is very healthy and I just did a 20 gallon water change. Sorry for the crappy Iphone video, LEDs really aren't ideal for videos. Thanks in advance. Iv never seen it before.

When your in the camera looking at the target, try tapping the screen at what you want to focus on, you should see a box appear, give it a moment to focus and then snap the picture. It makes a world of difference! I can get amazing shots with my iPhone 5 and now my 5S. Even my 4 did a surprisingly good job.

When your in the camera looking at the target, try tapping the screen at what you want to focus on, you should see a box appear, give it a moment to focus and then snap the picture. It makes a world of difference! I can get amazing shots with my iPhone 5 and now my 5S. Even my 4 did a surprisingly good job.

Thanks for the tip! I will try it out next time. I just got the 5s. Anyway I really wonder how I will get more snails this way. I never knew they were A sexual.

Thanks for the tip! I will try it out next time. I just got the 5s. Anyway I really wonder how I will get more snails this way. I never knew they were A sexual.

Glad to help although sorry it wasn't on the subject at hand. Try it out, you will very impressed. It makes all the difference in the world. I get some great zoom shots with my 5s and have really got some great pictures with it. The key is tapping on what you want to focus on. It will also follow the target if it moves slow enough which works well on fish for still or rapid sequential pictures. I never use HDR either. I also always try to get the iphone right up on the glass. Flash doesn't work well in the dark either however if somebody else has an iphone handy when you want to take a night shot, the flashlight on the second phone can help you shoot good pictures in the dark.

This is a zoom shot from about 16" - 18" away through 1.5" acrylic at sunset led lighting. This fish is only about 3" and you can see that he has 3 tiny little ends on each of his antenna looking things.
bd79f1f7-ec6a-4249-ac36-af6843f62d8e_zps8a2b0583.jpg

Same fish, daylight lighting led cycle, further away at about 20" but more zoom.
image_zpse0cbef9c.jpg

Last edited:
Back