So I got my Reefbreeders LED...

Jet Black

I finally found this!
I ordered two of the 16" value fixtures mid January that ended up to be back ordered. They were pushed back tell Chinese New Year and got pushed back again. Logan gave me an upgrade to the 24 proton with the controller! Woot!

Got in on Monday(two months later) and finally got home from vacation today. Opened them up, all excited, no controller. I ended having to wait for the wrong one on back order!

Last edited:

artkwan

I just got an email back saying he never said that the upgrade was real!

That's not good..... One of the things I've learned over time, is when it comes to things like this, is to always get documentation via email from the getgo, and confirm afterwards via verbal conversation. I wish you the best of luck. I'm waiting to get placed on a wait list for their.Supernova series due to be announced next weekend, and I'll be sure to not let details get lost in translation in.the ordering process....

Art

CLeadfootS

Coral Addict
Wow, this is not good. I hope everything works out for you. Definitely don't let this go and get what was promised to you.

Jet Black

I finally found this!
I was pleased with the upgrade and was willing to wait a long time for it too. I wouldn't even mind if I had to wait for them to ship the other fixtures out and send these back, but denying it in and email string that starts with me asking about the upgrade...:furious::furious::furious:

artkwan

I was pleased with the upgrade and was willing to wait a long time for it too. I wouldn't even mind if I had to wait for them to ship the other fixtures out and send these back, but denying it in and email string that starts with me asking about the upgrade...:furious::furious::furious:

Actually what did they actually ship you? a 24 Photon? If so, aren't all photons controllable?

Jet Black

I finally found this!
They were supposed to, they shipped my original order of the value fixtures and rejected the upgrade was ever put in place.

SammyJ916

What BS, I always find that a quick mention of putting their name and your "unhappy" experience online for others to see quickly gets things solved. Similar thing happened to me with a company and shipping fish, did lot want to refund me at first till mentioning throwing my experience online!

palygirl

Reefbreeders is a sponsor of Reef Central and has a forum in the vendor area. That is a great place to post your issue. The vendors are supposed to read the posts in their area and respond. Give it a shot...

Mrcat

+1.

What Anne said...

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=703

I hope they resolve this soon, if they were in the wrong, as I am hoping to place an order for two SuperNovas in the next several months...

I agree with Anne as well, try the forum and see if you get it resolved. Does make me wonder though, the warranty was what really interested me allowing led swapping while not voiding your warranty sounds amazing... That should really allow for longer life for the fixture as new colors and more efficient LEDs arrive. I just hope this company follows through on the promises.

Dapg8gt

That was a $260 upgrade? . It must have been a major mistake on his part if he offered you that. Even the photon 16 is $320. The value fixture is $200.. Id be a little upset too..

Sucks to be waiting for something that long and it's not even what you wanted.. At least it's what you paid for :).. The value fixture is a good fixture though it will grow anything you want. I have one.

Phishguy

I don't get that... He actually said he would upgrade you?? To most people sick of waiting they cancel their order.. If he upgraded you to the 24's, he would be losing money..

~Jon~

Jet Black

I finally found this!
Thanks for the help, I'll post on their section of Reefbreeders.
I was really surprised when he said he would upgrade me to the 2x 24Photons. I was really happy with this so I didn't mind the two month wait for the lights, I wouldn't even mind having to wait again to send these back and get the ones promised. But when he says I was mistaken...
Still waiting for a reply back.

leveldrummer

I don't get that... He actually said he would upgrade you?? To most people sick of waiting they cancel their order.. If he upgraded you to the 24's, he would be losing money..

~Jon~

He wouldnt lose money! These fixtures are so insanely marked up, they are dirt cheap to make. the only reason the big name units are selling for what they ask is the programing that goes into the controllers.

toofrigginswt

I just saw your post in the reefbreeders vendor section. I'm interested to see how he replies. Were you able to confirm if anyone else in the forum that you mentioned was able to get this upgrade?