So much for nine lives.....flush!

gprdypoo04

Well my yellow coris ran out of lives after about 5 years. I found him sun tanning on top of the net. Why is it when even a slight opening with a vinyl glove sitting over it do they seem to find it???? Oh well ......
Anyone got experience with dottybacks?

Sure is pretty though.

dwvTksT.gif

I had a neon, it was very aggressive, chased everything around and made all my other fish stress out. Traded him in for a nice fish..[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IME, ALL the pseudochromis can, sooner or later, go rogue. I think they are very cool looking fish, but never in my tank again. The last one, a purple pseudochromis, killed several fish before I finally caught him. He was banished to the Eel tank, to live out his life with a 4' Gymnothorax Undulatus. He lasted a little over a year.

I unbuilt my reef to get a yellow out. They are cunning, learn each capture technique after one try, and are aggressive to the max, unusual in marine fish. I have kept a piranha with less problems in fishy relations.

Well maybe I'll go back to another yellow wrasse. Never had any problems but as he grew bigger he was more of a jumper. He always chased down the last bit of food ( was a pig) , ate flatworms and who know what other pests and stirred up my sand bed. Yeah maybe I'll just buy another.

I understand, but 5 years, some people lose them in 5 minutes.
He obviously worked well in the system, I agree with you on replace.
Hopefully the next goes 10....sorry for your loss.

I agree that most dottybacks are very aggressive but I've kept a few orchid dottybacks that were great community fish.. this is only my experience though

Well... I found mine like this:

picture.php

I could not believe it... I mean; the fish did not even fit through the openings! (when dried up)

picture.php

Regarding dottybacks: I've have a pair of tank raised orchids since they were tiny. They are now quite mean. My tank is 100g and I kinda regret adding them as they restrict what other smaller fish I can add. Will probably avoid all dottybacks from now on just to play it safe.

I waited several years for mine to go out. He was a pure terror, ran other fish out of the tank, and knew his surroundings like the back of his 'hand', making his removal all but impossible. Coming home to a scene like that would've cost me a fortune in party supplies!

Back