So my wife buys this Fish and puts it while i'm @ work...

BADGUS

Soooo..........The wife has been asking me if she can pick out a few fish to go into the Big tank,and i say yes dear,so long as it's not any kind of lionfish or grouper,you have a green light,just double check with me first.

Ok so a couple weeks pass and we pickup a butterffly from the LFS that she really wanted,turns out it only eats coral polyps :headwalls:

.....Well i'm struggling to get it to eat,but she's happy so ok right?

....Well yesterday she decides to go out and buy this fish.....................By the time i get home she says guess what?
I say what hun?[wife]I bought another fishy........................I say really?.................[wife]Yes he's soooooooooooooooooo cute i dripped it for 2hrs before putting it in.........

So i head over to the tank and can't figure out what type of fish this is,so a little help from you guys would be really appreciated.

Here's a pic of the little booger:

Achilles.jpg

looks like a juvenile achilles tang,the orange drop or arrow will develop. Props to your wife for picking a beautiful fish,thats a winner.

Wish the wife will drop cash like that for me : (

What a beautiful Tang......

Thanks guys,I figured I'd post up as it happened vs the look at my awesome new fish thread.

Ptr13, How's your Achilles?

Last edited:
haha I'm more impressed she dripped it for 2 hrs... My wife would just turn the bag over and dump it in.

Fabulous fish. Question. If you are adding fish directly to the display tank, you must have a plan for dealing with diseases. What is it? Metronidazole with UV? Are you dosing something proactively?

Fabulous fish. Question. If you are adding fish directly to the display tank, you must have a plan for dealing with diseases. What is it? Metronidazole with UV? Are you dosing something proactively?

The display is at 1.009 undergoing hypo as of 2weeks ago,after this week we can no longer add any fish whatsoever to the display.If anything dies or we decide to buy more fish it will be next year and i will once again bring the system to 1.009.
The wife knows the whole scoop and she helps me maintain the tank,she even does the water changes on occasion :) It's a huge help to have both of us very involved in our tanks.

If I am not mistaken, hypo will kill all invertebrates. So it has to be a fowler.

oh, it will...I thought Gus was going to add all the fish first using hypo, then slowly raise it to add corals later? I've seen this done before.

but I though he said he was going from reef to FOWLR a few weeks back, but another post just the other day he said he would trade that maxi for sps??

but I though he said he was going from reef to FOWLR a few weeks back, but another post just the other day he said he would trade that maxi for sps??

Look Gus!
You've got a stalker! :crazy1:

j/k gig!

Back