So what do you think about "Aquarium Clean"?

Critter!

Premium Member
AcquaMarine Aquarium Clean
JB, care to venture an opinon on this product? In general and specifically on reducing cyno and red slime. I am using it, but not sure it is working. Might be helping. Just not sure.

What about their PO removing bacterial product?
Thanks,
John

HI John,

They use microbe technology to attack certain types of algae, phosphates etc. They were the people that designed a microbe to help clean up the big oil spill a few years ago. How they do it???

The Aquarium Clean use to be called Algae Reducer, but EPA doesn't like any product with the name Algae Reducer, so they had to change the name, but it's the same formula. It will reduce any micro algae, hair algae, film, diatom, etc. Microbes take time to grow though. When i tested it on my own tank, i found my tank took about 3 weeks to start showing some results. Results seem to vary quite a bit, but my results were about 50% overall algae reduction, which i was pretty happy with since it's such a safe product. You could dump that entire bottle in the tank and wouldn't hurt anything.

If you need a product that will just destore po4 or nitrate, then M3's PO4-minus and M3's AZNO3 is what you want, just use them carefully, safe but can cause some problems. The product you are using now works though, just takes some time. It's a good product to use as maintenace well to keep the tank in check.

hope this helps,

thanks

jason

Back