So what might be happening here?

Bilk

I noticed this emerging/growing from or being consumed by a colony of Leptoseris in my tank. First pic taken with my camera thru an Ogle scope. I don't have the camera attachment so this is as good as it gets. Second taken with my iPhone thru the Ogle.

photo3.jpg

DSC00910.jpg~original

DSC00831.jpg~original

Any idea on what this is and what is happening? The tank is looking really great. This coral has grown at least a 1/2" ring since late January.

DSC00883.jpg~original

It's in the tank where pictured and below that acro. Did the acro drop something? The object looks to be biological and not a piece of plastic or some other foreign matter.

................................................................................

Edit: Guess I should include this current pic.

DSC00914.jpg~original

Last edited:
I think ET just landed on your lepto. I don't even have a guess as to what it is but it's a pretty color.

I think it is a piece of another coral, maybe a frogspawn? I would either blow it off with a baster or pick it off. Going to be a war and if it is a piece of acro, it will win.

PS....awesome tank

I think it is a piece of another coral, maybe a frogspawn? I would either blow it off with a baster or pick it off. Going to be a war and if it is a piece of acro, it will win.

PS....awesome tank

+1 on an awesome tank! Really glad you put the background back. LOL I also believe you may have a nipper on your frogspawn. A small piece fell off, floated and happened to land there.

Well +1 on nipper of frogspawn :( Goldflake is the guilty party. Hopefully I can keep him well fed so I can have some LPS in the tank.

Thanks for the props guys.

frogspawn and hammer corals regularly eject baby corals when they are happy, most never make it. Kinda cool it is living but just pick it off and glue it to a frag plug.

Let me just add that you should give that stunner a WIDE birth. They have some of the most incredible sweepers and can melt anything they touch. Looks like they hit the green coral to the lower right.

Back