Soda Ask - Dense or Light?

Montreal Ray

Hello,

I have found a bulk supplier of 99%+ pure soda ash. They offer it in dense and light, I assume we use dense in our hobby?

thank you

Hello,

I have found a bulk supplier of 99%+ pure soda ash. They offer it in dense and light, I assume we use dense in our hobby?

thank you

Can you link us to it? Those aren't chemical terms. What they mean may vary from supplier to supplier.

Sorry for the delay guys.

It's a local "chem store" they don't have a website, sorry.

They said "Both our light and dense Soda Ask are anhydrous. Soda ash (sodium carbonate) is Na(2) CO(3). They are both kinda of a powder, just dense has a smaller average particle size."

I assume they will both do the job but I want something constant to what we are used to using.

I'm still very confused :)

Hope this helps.

Thank you

If the only difference really is particle size then get whichever is cheaper. But I'd want to make sure that it was of sufficient purity.

If the only difference really is particle size then get whichever is cheaper. But I'd want to make sure that it was of sufficient purity.

They both had the same COA, they are very pure. Both the same price to.

They suggest the light because it will dissolve easier.

Would be great if I could test it but I need to buy 50lbs.

Thanks

You could dose by weight, I guess. The product might be safe, but we have no way of knowing and no practical means of testing.

Back