Softies And LPS Don't Do Well In My Tank. Why?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9818261#post9818261 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeychitwood
Could be. I'm running two modified Tunze Nano 6025 pumps each putting out about 1100 gph.

The fact that the softies seem to do better in the shade is what made me think that perhaps the problem is due to too much light or the wrong color in Kelvin.

I would also consider that with more light, most photosynthtic organisms will require more nutrients to support it.

So though it may seem like light, it may actually be low nutrients.

Just a thought.... Try target feeding some and see if ti helps?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9818721#post9818721 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rooroo
Did you recently change the lighting to the MH from the PCs?
The PC lights were on a previous setup. This tank has always had metal halides.

Are these new frags then? It sounds to me like its a sudden change of light and its shocking the LPS. Mushrooms can move but the others can't.

If you are slowly acclimating them to the light then the other reason would be lack of nutrients. I would target feed all lps and softies once a week. But really the bleaching leads me to believe that its the light doing it in one way or another.

Live life on the edge.:) Turn off your skimmer for a week and see if they perk up. I still think it's lighting. I have two Ricordias under just PC lighting. One was out in the open and was about the size of a nickel. The other under a rock ledge and it is like a 50 cent piece. I moved the small one next to it and within a week it expanded to the same size.

I used to venture out in the Chem forum but since Randy left I am just a broken shell of a Reefer and hang out in the lounge.:D

Back