Solitude's Small part of the Ocean

that last one is really nice. we had one coral beaching from the bottom dont know why but all is still good hopefully see you sunday

I tried fragging that coral for you but man that thing is tough. Definitely not something you can do with cutters, you need a band saw for that one.

great tank dude. think about all of the corals you are propagating in there... in about 10 years people will becoming to ask you to help in re-seeding the ocean!

Awesome job dude.

Very nice tank. I am upgrading to a 120 and i have the ATI 6X54. Do you think that will be enough or should i look into 8 bulb?

Are you dosing or CA reactor?

Very nice tank. I am upgrading to a 120 and i have the ATI 6X54. Do you think that will be enough or should i look into 8 bulb?

Are you dosing or CA reactor?

Since you fixutre is a 4ft fixture, I think you'll be ok if you keep your sps on the upper half of your tank. If you want to keep SPS on the sand bed, then I'd look into an 8 bulb.

And I keep my parameters up by dosing using Drews dosers.

Any updates? One my favorites, love the lighting - not too blue or white.

Unfortunately, I had to "redo" my tank because I has a sunset monti and a meteor shower encrusting onto all of my SPS. I don't have any FTS right now because I'm letting things grow in but here are some pics of some frags

i-qZs4Xnw-L.jpg

i-MgzBKtv-L.jpg

i-x75zPr3-L.jpg

i-jvzCz4W-L.jpg

i-wRNJDH4-L.jpg

I did change to Giessmann newer bulbs. I’m now using

actinic blue (ATI Blue + equivalent)
super purple (ATI Purple + equivalent)
actinic blue
tropic (GE6500 equivalent)
aquablue-coral (ATI Coral + equivalent)
actinic blue
aquablue-azure (This is new colored bulb and I would have to say it’s in between a Coral + and Blue +)
actinic blue

Overall, I’d have to say, I really like these bulbs. Because of the Aquablue-azure, I get more a 14k look which I really like. I also added a Reefbrite XHO (all blues) to my powermodule and I'm extremely happy now. I get the 14k look that I like and the pop on my coral colors from the RB strip.

Back