Some help with programming oscillation via VDM module/Tunze pumps

rps3

So I have my Tunzes set up via VDM module and they are running but not like how I would like them to be.

I would like them to alternate, as in one on and the other off. Since I didn't understand too much about the programming, I followed Ken's Reef programming but with two pumps instead of 4.

Programming for the varable speed outlets (via VDM module):
< Tunze_Left >
Set PM-Left
If Outlet Sunrise = ON Then AM-Left
If Outlet Daytime = ON Then Day-Lft
If Outlet Sunset = ON Then AM-Left
If Outlet FlushLeft = ON Then ON

< Tunze_Right >
Set PM-Right
If Outlet Sunrise = ON Then AM-Right
If Outlet Daytime = ON Then Day-Rt
If Outlet Sunset = ON Then AM-Right
If Outlet FlushRight = ON Then ON

Virtual Outlets:
< FlushLeft >
Set OFF
OSC 000:00/015:00/015:00 Then ON

< FlushRight >
Set OFF
OSC 015:00/015:00/000:00 Then ON

< Daytime >
If Sun 060/-060 Then ON

< Sunrise >
If Sun 000/000 Then ON
If Outlet Daytime = ON Then OFF

< Sunset >
If Sun 000/000 Then ON
If Outlet Daytime = ON Then OFF

Profile Setup are the same as Ken's.

I am not sure what to change so that the Tunze pumps will alternate on and off for 15mins at a time. A brief explaination on what should be done would be great. Giving me the code is ok but I would like to learn and understand it as well.

TIA

So I have my Tunzes set up via VDM module and they are running but not like how I would like them to be.

I would like them to alternate, as in one on and the other off. Since I didn't understand too much about the programming, I followed Ken's Reef programming but with two pumps instead of 4.

Code:
Virtual Outlets:
< FlushLeft >
Set OFF 

< FlushRight >
Set OFF 

I am learning also... so PLEASE do not take this as an answer...

In looking at ken's programming:

Code:
FlushLeft	
Set OFF 
OSC 000:00/005:00/055:00 Then ON 
If Outlet DELETED = OFF Then OFF

FlushRight	
Set OFF 
OSC 030:00/005:00/025:00 Then ON 
If Outlet DELETED = OFF Then OFF

The combined time is 1 hour... with a combined time like that it will flush over that hour... Yours looks like (to me) that it will do it only for 15 minutes over the hour...

What happens if you do this:

Virtual Outlets:
Code:
< FlushLeft >
Set OFF 
OSC 030:00/015:00/015:00 Then ON 

< FlushRight >
Set OFF 
OSC 045:00/015:00/000:00 Then ON

Sorry just thinking out loud and trying to learn at the same time in my head.

Worm, an OSC statement has both explicit ON and OFF states. So if you put two OSC statements in one outlet, the second one will always be in control... the first one listed will not do anything at all.

rps, please explain in more detail about what you want to do.... kenargo's Tunze programming is rather complex. What part do you want to do at 15-minute ON/OFF intervals?

Last edited:
Worm, an OSC statement has both explicit ON and OFF states. So if you put two OSC statements in one outlet, the second one will always be in control... the first one listed will not do anything at all.

Rats... Thanks! -1 for me...

rps, please explain in more detail about what you want to do.... kenargo's Tunze programming is rather complex. What part do you want to do at 15-minute ON/OFF intervals?

Hey Russ, all I want the Tunzes to do is to alternate every 15 mins at different speeds (dusk, day, and evening). That and have a night mode where the pump will run at the minimum speed (30%) . I was assuming that is where the profiles come into play.

I only used Kenargo's programming because I didn't understand it.

Back