Some ID Help!

Lockhartia

This came in as a hitch-hiker with some blue anthelia. I thought it might be a cephastrea, but the more I see pictures of them, the more I think that's wrong. Any ideas? (Sorry for the bad pics, it's the green thing just below the anthelia and above the mushrooms)

180588mysterylps_com-med.JPG

The other is this odd (but awsome) colored critter. I'm guessing a lobo of some sort.

180588whatami_jpg-med.JPG

Lastly, these little guys. They look micro-ish. Could I get that lucky for a $10 rescue rock? lol probably not, but they're cool regardless. Deep purple with a blue ring in the center, picture doesn't do them justice.

180588arewemicros_jpg-med.JPG

This is my 20ga nano they all reside in :)

180588FTS11509_jpg-med.JPG

Thanks Guys!

They're definately not zoas. That's the only thing I'm certain about! I'm sorry for the crummy picture. The polyps have no "Stalk" like a zoa, and there is green "flesh" connecting them all to one another. Plus, if you look closely at the polyps (I don't have a macro lense) the shape isn't that of a zoa. Again, they look a lot like a cephastrea....but the polyps seem really close together compared to the pictures of cephastrea I've seen.

No one has any idea on the others?

Thanks!

1) Hard to see how tall/defined the polyps are from that camera angle, but my guesses would be Astreopora or Cyphastrea

2) Lobophyllia. Probably from deeper water.

3) Could be a Micromussa, could also be any one of numerous Faviids.

Hi,

first one looks like cyphastrea, i have some in my tank ;) its supposed to be quite rare here in the U.K. for that colour.
Its normally brown/tan colour.

HTH

Back