Some pics from my tank

cloakerpoked

The new clam and rock I got from Brandon last night...Thanks a ton for the great deal man, it's looking great in my tank.

IMG_1963.jpg

ATL Bloody Mary Monti I got in the group buy TJ set up a few weeks ago

IMG_1971.jpg

Maize Brain that I got from the raffle after the frag workshop

IMG_1973.jpg

Looking for an ID on this please?

IMG_1970.jpg

ORA Red Planet from Ray a few months ago...coloring up nicely

IMG_1997.jpg

New clam...front shot

IMG_1986.jpg

Miami Orchid and assorted zoas (ID on the blue and yellow ones?)

IMG_1984.jpg

Full Tank Shot

IMG_2000.jpg

Thanks...I hate the Koralia's and how obvious they are in the tank, but I really wanted the extra flow and don't have $500 to drop on a few Vortec's, so it worked out I guess. I'm pushing probably 2200gph through my return through 5 different lines and a spraybar, but it still wasn't giving me the flow I wanted in some areas of the tank.

Didn't even notice the Koralia's...probably since so many have them in the tanks. Your tank looks great, love the anemones’!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14825380#post14825380 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cloakerpoked
Thanks...I hate the Koralia's and how obvious they are in the tank, but I really wanted the extra flow and don't have $500 to drop on a few Vortec's, so it worked out I guess.

I have them too....took a little time for things to get use to the extra flow but things are expanding waayyyy out now....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14825414#post14825414 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by johndawg
Didn't even notice the Koralia's...probably since so many have them in the tanks. Your tank looks great, love the anemones’!

Thanks.

I love the movement you get with anenomes. I could never go to a straight SPS tank just because I'd miss the movement that anenomes and some softies and LPS give you.

i love how the nems are just chilled so close togther. and do you like the Koralia's im looking for more flow in my tank but dont want a exspencive vortex or something like that.

Looking good, You'll have to let me know when those orange centered zoanthids that were on the clam's rock grow out a bit. They were very nice.

The unknown ID looks like an A. Millepora or A. Prostrata.

It is a millepora...but I'm not sure the type. It's mostly red (def. not pink) but has a greenish tint to it toward the base especially. Almost like the coloration of my red planet that you can see the pics of.

TJ--I broke off a lot of them and stuck them on frag plugs to isolate the colonies. It's kinda standard procedure of mine now because it's impossible to get them off the rocks once I start sticking them all together and I don't wanna tear my rock apart to get them in the frag system.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14826749#post14826749 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigmatt1992
how long has ya tank been setup.

Sorta a difficult question to answer, so here's the short version.

I started with a 20 gallon softy tank that I wanted to try because I was buying complete systems off ebay, parting them out for a profit, and keeping random stuff for my own use. I had a 120 and 125 FOWLR, and one day the softies in the 20 were stressed (pennies fell into the tank w/o my knowledge) and they ended up in my 120 FOWLR. That was around Dec. 2006. I upgraded the 120 from non-RR w/ 8x65w PC lighting to the current tank April of last year. The SPS and clams started to go into the system around October. Some of the leather, zoa colonies and anenomes are over 2 years in my tank(s).

Old pics before I got the RR tank...

10/2007
IMG_0589.jpg

3/2008
IMG_1120.jpg

im going to take it you didnt like the old rock structure i really love your tank yours and rays are my two fav. tanks. looking good.

well his are dead ones. in the 10/2007 pic, they are the rock like things with holes in them one group is towards the center another is to the left. there is a small group of 3 to the right. someone on the local forum found someone selling snails or hermit crabs with live barnacle on their shells from the indiana county area.

I can get the live barnacles for you. I already have one person interested in them. Anyone else PM me. You can see a pic of them on my snail in my gallery.

One of the barnacles is now covered (and I mean covered) in my long polyp green star and is what I'm trying to sell on my other thread.

Matt--with the overflows in the tank, it really made it prohibitive to stick with my old rock formation. I'm trying to maximize the area that I have available for SPS and the old way I had it just didn't give nearly as much room as this does for that purpose.

now that i look at it you do have a ton of room with the new stack to be able to grow sps out twards the middle and front of the tank. how big are you gonna let those nems get lol there monsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back