Some type of cyano or dinos?

I have used chemiclean i dose it as it says but after the 1st 2 days i put a 2nd dose of chemiclean you have to turn your skimmer all the way down or take the collection cup off and let it overflow back into your sump .the reason behind doing your skimmer like this is you will pull all the chemiclean out if you dont like stated above pulled 15 gal out of a 60 gal tank. Plus allows more contact with the cyano. Put the collection cup back on after the 4th day and skim overnight i then change 20 gals of ro/di water with coral pro salt mixed the next day and use a 1/4 inch tubing to suck as suck cyano off tge rock and sand my bubble tip has survived everytime so have my zoas and LPS corals they close and shrink up during treatment but mine have c as me out of it everytime. I was leary at 1st but had do something couldn't take looking at the cyano making my tank look like c**p

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Also for the next 3-4 weeks i change 20 gals everyweek and use my 1/4" hose to clean off the rock and sand you will see it will gradually go away more each week

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input...still considering using chemiclean, but for now it has started to look a little less invasive. I've been running the lights a little less so that may be helping. I'm trying to give the system a chance to correct itself, although I will agree, its not the prettiest to look at at the moment!

Things are starting to look better...just been keeping up with maintenance (lots of blowing off rocks and sand, changing filter socks, and going with a reduced lighting cycle as of late...may have just been a very severe case of diatoms. Will continue to monitor, but hopefully nature is balancing itself out!

Back