some weird things happening

frezel

In Memoriam
ok curt, i have no clue but this is so weird, i have a dedicated line to tank with 4 outlets, i run the power to ac jr and dc8 as well as a powerstrip that has 5 powerheads hooked up to it but not connected to the scjr/dc8. Last night i noticed something really weird all the lights where off and i wanted to feed corals, so i went to shut down the powerheads and noticed when i did that it made my MH flicker for 3-5 sec, and it would do this every time i hit the switch? what gives? the powerstrip with small powerheads is not hooked up to the acjr controller, but the mh are so how is this powerstrip messing with the ac jr? the only common thing they have is that they are next to each other in the wall socket. Any ideas, i would like to figure this out, i know haveing mh flicker like this is not good...

Filip

What is your program and timer names settings? It sounds like there is a bogus program statement or duplicate timer names or control addresses.

Curt

i looked through the code no duplicates or same names or extra lines of code. The powerstrip that has the powerheads is NOT hooked up to the ACJR, ok let me better explain i have a electrical box and there are 4 outlets,(top left = powerstrip with powerheads hooked up, top right power plug from ac jr, bottom right DC8, bottom left open) so when i flick the switch on the powerstrip if causes my mh to flicker, the MH are connected to my DC8.

It sounds like it may just be a low voltage situation which has nothing to do with the DC8. I'd measure the voltage at the AC outlets to confirm.

Curt

Back