Something interesting here?

Fiish

I have had this fish since October of last year, it's a good size fish maybe 3", it has progressed since then in qt, it went through a bacterial problem which it coped with pretty well, after that it lost weight but is still in it now better since it arrived so I have noticed that in the last couple of months this fish shows a different coloration as I can tell it has progressively "changed" during this time, its dorsal fin has become very pale with a green/yellow very nice and in that area, its red lines become a little paler, the black of its tail has faded and the ventral area seems to be lighter, and in general its body too. So I'm not sure what It happens here, I'm going to attach photographs of when he arrived, and the most recent ones below, sorry for the quality of the photos since the fish is difficult to photograph and also the camera on my phone is terrible, let me know what you think:
October 2022:
20221021_164419_3.jpg

Now:
IMG_20230409_213944_2.jpg

IMG_20230409_214004_2.jpg

Very interesting. I’m almost thinking a possible nutritional deficiency. Are you using any vitamins or similar (such as Selcon or masstick) but the others tagged by @griss would know better

I'm not using any vitamin additives, I feed my fish frozen mysis and brine shrimp, seafood porridge containing nori, I think spirulina, also clams, squid, peas, etc, and dry food.

Thanks, what should be the nutritional deficiency? To the vegetarian issue I suppose, is there any possibility that this guy is a hybrid or xantic?

I would suggest feeding this fish with supplements noted in the Fish Nutrition post. Stop feeding brine shrimp.

I don't understand why this fish would still be in a QT since last October. I read that it had a bacterial infection, but that would be treated within a short period of time. This Tigerpyge Angelfish, a Centropyge hybrid are being tank bred. But they are expensive. Is this a wild caught fish?

It's diet should be varied and fed as an omnivore. So what I read from the OP is that the diet is pretty good (except for brine shrimp). Frozen foods for angelfish should be used. Feed an opened clam, either prepared as described in the Fish Nutrition post or buying frozen clams packaged for fish food.

I would suggest feeding this fish with supplements noted in the Fish Nutrition post. Stop feeding brine shrimp.

I don't understand why this fish would still be in a QT since last October. I read that it had a bacterial infection, but that would be treated within a short period of time. This Tigerpyge Angelfish, a Centropyge hybrid are being tank bred. But they are expensive. Is this a wild caught fish?

It's diet should be varied and fed as an omnivore. So what I read from the OP is that the diet is pretty good (except for brine shrimp). Frozen foods for angelfish should be used. Feed an opened clam, either prepared as described in the Fish Nutrition post or buying frozen clams packaged for fish food.
He is still in qt because I had plans to sell it because it had a very aggressive coral beauty angel (however I lost it a couple of months ago), but only a couple of people were interested in buying it and they canceled at the last minute, so I decided to fatten it up and put it in my dt, which I'm about to update, so I don't want to tank him in two times.

The Coral Beauty can be aggressive sometimes not allowing another pygmy angelfish to live in peace.

Good luck! (y)
Thank you very much for the suggestions, I lost coral beauty angel a couple of months ago, I'm going to update my dt, and the eibli angel will enter next.

Back