somthing funny

redox

my buddy has a salt water swimming pool ,not chlorine ,but salt water so.. the funny thing is he brought me a jar (mason jar) full of somthing that happens to be living in the system......He figured I might know what it was because he knows I must have been a marine bioligist in another life so... what was it? well in my opinion it is copepods. I say that because his house and pool is a stones throw away from Bogue sound , a bird could have droped a rock,scallop,or anything from the sound into his pool. tomorrow I will take my refractometer over ther to see what the actual specific gravity is . His test kit only tells him if there is enough salt not what level it is(it might be higher than he needs)therfore able to sustain copes any other opinions? these guy are cope no question Ive seen lots and I know a cope when I see one

sharks

sharks

no sharks its just an alternative to chlorine , its better for your skin. I think they could have even crawled there , but they a for sure copepods!!!

the salt in a swimming pool is very light. It has the same amount of salt as a tear from your eye. It is better for your skin but not heavy enough for salt water algae or light enough for fresh water algae. the results are crystal clear water that never turns green. no chemicals to add, better for your skin,easy to maintain,and it wont burn your eye if you open them under water.

I've never heard of that. Sounds pretty cool though. Redox, must be a cope that adjusted to the salinity like a black moly or something.

In reference to the tears comment: Normal saline is the solution of 0.9% w/v of NaCl. It contains 154 mEq/L of Na+ and Cl−. It has a slightly higher degree of osmolality compared to blood (hence, though it is referred to as being isotonic with blood in clinical contexts, this is a technical inaccuracy), about 300 mOsm/L.

So if it has the same chemical com as tears, it def isn't the same salinity as our tanks. Dunno what copes need as a minimum/maxiumum though.

Laurie

no

no

ive seen enough copepods over the years to know what they look like and these are no dought copes. like i said this pool is water frontthey must have migrated from the ocean

birds will pick up scallops and oyster rocks and drop them from high up in the air to break open their shells and I think this is how they got in there. we have found shells in the pool. Thats just what I think but... Im sure there are other ways those things could have gotten in the pool

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7608604#post7608604 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jessiesgrrl
In reference to the tears comment: Normal saline is the solution of 0.9% w/v of NaCl. It contains 154 mEq/L of Na+ and Cl−. It has a slightly higher degree of osmolality compared to blood (hence, though it is referred to as being isotonic with blood in clinical contexts, this is a technical inaccuracy), about 300 mOsm/L.

So if it has the same chemical com as tears, it def isn't the same salinity as our tanks. Dunno what copes need as a minimum/maxiumum though.

Laurie
:eek: :confused: :eek1: :eek2: :confused: :eek:

Back