Son fed my fish for me this morning....

If you have a second skimmer, or can borrow one I would hook another up to assist for sh0. And lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of water changes.

Just a small update. Things seem to be getting better day by day. List 2 more small SPS frags but no big deal as they were just some junk pieces I was going would color up from about 2 years ago and they never did so no big loss. Fish and inverts are doing well. Finally heard my pistol shrimp last night so I guess that's a good sign.

Ammonia coming down slowly. Did a 40g wc last night tested this morning and its the same as it was before the wc. Suspected test kit error so I bought another and same results. I bought some ammo lock as it was suggested by somebody in the Chem forum if all else fails. Siphoned the sb in the dt and the fuge and added some ammo lock. It brought it down to .50 ammonia. Thank god. Gonna do a wc tonight and dose ammo lock again per the instructions.

Skimmer is back in action from making a bubble bath out of my sump. Seriously, my entire water line was a big foam bubble bath. it's now pulling out some very dark skimmate unlike anything I have ever seen and water is returning to clear once again.

As much as i love my tank I dang near had it after this. After going through an entire bucket of salt and the time and energy it took to correct this problem I am spent. still love my tank :)

Sent from my who cares they all do it now.

I am glad you still love the tank. This was really more an adventure in parenthood than a reflection on reefkeeping. kids happen! :)

I am glad you still love the tank. This was really more an adventure in parenthood than a reflection on reefkeeping. kids happen! :)

Yes, you are very correct. On a side note we took my son to get his haircut at a kids hair place. They have this colored hair gel that he wanted in his hair and we decided to buy some red colored hair gel since he thought it was soooo cool. My wife woke up from a nap while I was out running errands only to find our dog is red and crusty.... If anybody ever wants meet the real life Dennis the menace he's at my house. $10 admission fee. He's a great kid and his intensions are grand but they are terribly executed. He obviously takes after me.

Wow, this is some story!
It really gave me the shivers when I read it.:hmm6:
You've put quite some work into fixing the problem, compliments for that.
But it seems to have a happy ending, so all is well I hope.:bounce1:
Warm regards, also to your son, he's an creative fellow.:lolspin:

Losing all my SPS right now. Sux I had some nice pieces and finally getting color out of them. I have 1 green w/blue polyp cap left and that's about it. I moved several pieces over to a qt and they continued to RTN on me. Fish and inverts seem to be doing ok right now. Ammonia is down and everything is back to normal but I don't think things liked all the nutrients in the water for so long. Ugh. I did my best and that's all we can do sometimes. Lps and softies seem fine so far so hopefully they all make it. I don't want to risk moving them and stressing them any more than I need to.

Back