Son fed my fish for me this morning....

dublo8

An entire jar of reef roids and half a bottle of reef snow. If anybody has ever used reef roids than you know that little jar can last over 2 years. The house absolutely stinks of fish. I went through 5 filter socks this morning and the tank is still a brown cloud and the corals are spewing zooaxthela all over the place, to the point that it's getting stuck on the glass and covering rocks like spider webs. I threw on a 50 micron sock, started making 20gallons of SW and headed off to work. Let's hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah that's what my wife said. He was so proud of himself this morning too. "daddy I fed the fishy tank". This was at 5 am after he turned the light on and I was dead asleep. I jumped out if bed and ran to the tank and damn near cried. I also set my skimmer to skim wet and drain into a bucket if it overflows. Hopefully I did enough pro active maintenance this morning to offset the damage. Fingers are crossed.

Poor kid...trying to do something good.
I would have been ****ed as hell, and it would have been real hard not to show how mad and discourage him. Hope it turns around ok for you!

Thx guys. Hopefully everything turns out ok. At least the corals got fed lol. Enough food to last them a lifetime. Sux being at work at not being able to do anything about it. Glad I was up early enough to try and fix it the best I can til I get home.

free 16g bowfront stand

free 16g bowfront stand

In good shape but needs the top piece of wood that the tank sits on.

Attachments

• IMG-20111011-00085.jpg
    IMG-20111011-00085.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
sry to hear bout that...hope it doesn't kill anything

when i bout my reef roids from Quinn at AA he told me that stuff is really hard to over dose...but a hole jar..i dunno bout that

hope it works out

sry to hear bout that...hope it doesn't kill anything

when i bout my reef roids from Quinn at AA he told me that stuff is really hard to over dose...but a hole jar..i dunno bout that

hope it works out

Actually it's the contrary. It's very easy to overdose. Compare the nutritional value of it against any other coral food and you'll see why it must be used sparingly.

I will as soon as I get home. I Didn't have time to do it this morning. I started mixing 20g before I left for work. All I could do was keep changing the filter socks this morning as they were getting clogged in about 15min and set the skimmer to skim wet and overflow into a bucket. All I could do with the time I had. I don't even want to go home right now. This sux. I'm waiting for my wife to call to tell me what the deal is. I'll update the thread when I get home. Hope all is not lost.

If there's anything I can do let me know.
I've had something similar happen when an automatic feeder when crazy and my tank managed to survive so there's hope!

I will as soon as I get home. I Didn't have time to do it this morning. I started mixing 20g before I left for work. All I could do was keep changing the filter socks this morning as they were getting clogged in about 15min and set the skimmer to skim wet and overflow into a bucket. All I could do with the time I had. I don't even want to go home right now. This sux. I'm waiting for my wife to call to tell me what the deal is. I'll update the thread when I get home. Hope all is not lost.

If there's anything I can do let me know.
I've had something similar happen when an automatic feeder when crazy and my tank managed to survive so there's hope!

Thx Chad. Right now it's just a matter of not being able to make enough water fast enough. (should have got 150gpd upgrade lol) my skimmer helped a ton last night but right now it just keeps overflowing into my sump. My sump looks like a freaking bubble bath. I put some prime in my water change to stop any ammonia spikes as well.

Every thing is still alive but water quality is crap right now. It's still a little cloudy and still smells like fish from all the coral food. All I can do is keep changing water and replacing filter socks. I think tonight I'm going to empty my reactors and pack them with filter floss and carbon and turn those baby's up a notch. I might even separate my sump and dt from each other and do a 50% wc in each one separately.

Back