Spare parts, free time, and a 6 pack = Hurgoth's 10g drilled build thread.

Looks good but I wouldn't trust that stand, It's way too top heavy. It wouldn't take much of a bump to tip it over.

jmo,

I thought the same thing while building but it is actually more sturdy as the nanocube stand that I had. I have given it some significant "test bumps" and even kicked it on accident last night while falling asleep on the couch. Didn't even move.

I am concerned about this:

Buba002.jpg

congrats on the new baby. My wife is due sometime this month. Its good to see you still escape for some fun once in a while. Nice job on the 10 gal, cant wait to see some livestock in it.

Thank you Aquaph8. The baby is pretty easy for the most part. Some days are rough. Can't wait until he is old enough to want his own tank.

All test continue to come back perfect. I was wondering if there would be any kind of cycle but since I had the rock cooking in the garage for a few months it must be undetectable.

While I was putting this thing together I found out that one of my fish had survived my tank crash that happened months ago. He was in one of my tanks that was cycling live rock. The tank he was in had salinity that was off the charts, and quite frankly disgusting. It was also the tank that I threw all of the dead/dying coral. I have no idea how he survived in there. He must have been hiding in a rock when I tore everything down.

TankDay3003.jpg

TankDay3004.jpg

TankDay3005.jpg

TankDay3002.jpg

wow, now with that fish in there, you wont be able to add any more for sure!

looks like the cat has a nice place to warm his bum now though, lol

Right now the pretzels are 2.75g. Though I cut a bit off of the top one so its probably .25-.5 less.

The rubbermaids are 3g and 1.5g. Changing the shape will make it much more convenient.

Update with Pictures:

Tank1Week012.jpg

Tank1Week014.jpg

Tank1Week018.jpg

Tank1Week020.jpg

Tank1Week024.jpg

Tank1Week026.jpg

Neon Dotty got banished back to the garage in a nice clean tank full of 80lbs of live rock. There he will remain king until the next upgrade.

That's a great picture of the firefish. They are notoriously tough to photograph. For me anyway. :lol:

Back