SPS for Metal Halides

mapes5

Hi,

I have a spot in my tank that's about 6 inches under the water surface, and my MH bulb sits about 5 inches above the water surface (so it's about 11 inches from the MH to the spot on my rock). My question is, what kind of SPS would do well with this high of light? (The MH bulb is a 250w 12k)

Currently, I have a Milli, some montipora, and a few acros that are growing and doing well around that area, but I'm looking for some kind of SPS that will thrive in that particular spot. I tried a bird nest there and it got fried (was able to move it down and save it). Anyway, i was wanting to put another Milli there or something.

Any info helps!

Thank you

Do you have blue led supplements? If so tenuis can handle crazy amounts of par in my experience, such as walt disney, but wont look great under just 12k MH alone.

I run 3x250w radiums with 4x80w super actinic lamps in my spectra. I've got a shelf near the distance you're running. Most acropora/millepora I place up there do well. I've got hugos rainbow stag up there, Vivid's fuzzy navel millepora, Walt Disney and pink floyd all loving the spot.

Tons of great milli to choose from. Nothing like hose shaggy things flowing into the current.

Corey

Do you have blue led supplements? If so tenuis can handle crazy amounts of par in my experience, such as walt disney, but wont look great under just 12k MH alone.

I run 3x250w radiums with 4x80w super actinic lamps in my spectra. I've got a shelf near the distance you're running. Most acropora/millepora I place up there do well. I've got hugos rainbow stag up there, Vivid's fuzzy navel millepora, Walt Disney and pink floyd all loving the spot.
I have 2 Actinic T-5's that help with the blue supplement. I definitely see a change in color, which I don't mind because the growth is what I enjoy seeing more, but I may go with a stag. I bought an AGD Milli and finally acclimated him up to that particular spot today, so we will see what happens, but thank you for the input.

Back