SRO3000INT sump water level question..

DavidinGA

I just got a sro 3000int and in the instructions it says the ideal sump water level is 6-6.5in. On the skimmer itself there is no water line mark even though on the box it shows the line. Anyway, I put it in my sump to try it out and it seems to be working fine at my sump water level which is 10.75in.

What exactly is to be gained by the 6-6.5inch depth? I don't mind raising it if it really is beneficial although if I raise it to a depth of only 6.5inch the output drain of the skimmer will be in the air and I'm sure that will be super loud dumping back into the sump.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

David

On a side note I'm super glad it fit in that tiny sump section I left for it!

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365084485259.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365084485259.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
The suggested water depth is the optimal level for the most efficient skimming. It may work at the higher water level, but I don't think you would be getting the best production out of your skimmer.

I cut down the vertical stem of the output drain on mine so that it was half under water.

I think you will be pleased with the skimmer. I have used a SRO 1000 INT and just purchased a 2000 for my new build. I think this has been my best skimmer that I've had, and very consistent.

That is a tight fit!

The suggested water depth is the optimal level for the most efficient skimming. It may work at the higher water level, but I don't think you would be getting the best production out of your skimmer.

I cut down the vertical stem of the output drain on mine so that it was half under water.

I think you will be pleased with the skimmer. I have used a SRO 1000 INT and just purchased a 2000 for my new build. I think this has been my best skimmer that I've had, and very consistent.

That is a tight fit!

Yeah I guess cutting the output pipe down would help if I were to raise the skimmer.

I built my sump based off the footprint given for the skimmer online and almost didn't leave enough room lol

Sent by Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Tapatalk 2

build a stand for you skimmer to raise it to the proper level. I used pvc for the legs and the bottom of a milk carton(the plastic kind that holds 4 gallon jugs) for the platform.

Back