Staaan's Fish List

Staaan

The Maaan
Problem - A 46g bowfront reef tank that has been running for 2+ months and only has ONE fish (percula clownfish), what other SUITABLE fish to get?

I'll put some fish I like... feel free to chime in with problems, concerns, and tips.

Any cool ideas are welcomed too.

Thanks!

Green/Blue Mandarin
lg-26145-green-mandarin.jpg

McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
lg-39306-mckoskers-flasher-.jpg

Six Line Wrasse
lg-24066-wrasse.jpg

Another Percula (which will hopefully pair with current)
p-69560-clownfish.jpg

Midas Blenny
lg-71783-midas.jpg

maybe - Yasha Haze Gobe (shrimp pair or another goby shrimp pair)
lg-90066-Yashia-Goby.jpg

Manderin needs pods to eat. If you have a strong pod population, or are willing to continiously buy pods, a Manderin is a good option for your size tank.
Most Wrasses are jumpers, unless you want to have a cover on your tank, I'd stay away. If you do want to cover your tank, I'd go with the flasher. They are much nicer looking than the all too common, and usually pretty obnoxious, 6 line.
Yes, go ahead and get your clown a mate.
The Midas will arrange your sand as he likes it. Biggest problem is that he likes it to be different every day. Danger of falling rocks and sand covered corals.
The Goby/shrimp will dig, but much less. Once they make a burrow, they'll probably stay there.

I do not think the 6 line and the other wrass is a good choice, I know that the 6 line is a very nasty fish in some cases depending on the size of the tank.

You better bet would be to go with a yellow corsis wrass. I know charlie has to wrasses in his tank but his tank is bigger. He has a 120. I would not keep 2 wrasses in my tank right now even tough I have the space for it.

Try to see what wrasses are compatable with eachother.

The tank is to small for 2 wrasse one will kill the othere for space as for the Mandarin thats not happening your tank has to be a year old or older they feed on pod and for a 2m old tank you most likely have any pods yet .

Tank is actually infested with pods, my 6g that has been running for 1.5 years is a copepod breeding factory.. and a few nice chunks of rock from that tank were introduced to the new tank.

Just 2 days ago, when I turned the lights on there was a white blank of tiny white moving dots.

Upon closer inspection -- they were pods of some type.

Plus if I get a mandarin I intend to train it to eat prepared foods. Tough.. I know but I've seen quite a few people be successful at it... so its not impossible.

Thanks for the advice on the wrasse.

I think I'll just go for the McCosker's Wrasse... if I can figure out how to make a net that will take the shape of the bowfront... :(

Those are a differnt type of pods the pods thay eat are not little white dots there big enuff to see looks like little shrimps you have differnt pods the only one thay eat are copods

Those are a differnt type of pods the pods thay eat are not little white dots there big enuff to see looks like little shrimps you have differnt pods the only one thay eat are copods

ORAs working on getting tank bred ones that eat frozen though right? Just getting back in and noticed they did that with the green spotted mandarin.. Incredible stuff

Back