Stand and Tank Uneven

dallen2233

I took down my old plywood tank yesterday to replace the flooring and the tank/stand. The new tank does sit completely flat against stand. I picked up some closed cell styrofoam to place under it to level it, but are your guys thoughts? The one end I can fit 2 credit under it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170909_233233.jpg
    IMG_20170909_233233.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20170909_233246.jpg
    IMG_20170909_233246.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I check the stand last night and again this morning and its level. So something I found this morning was that the tank bottom itself is not level.

I would contact the manufacturer and get their opinion. It is very odd that the tank is that far off. The stand may look flat with a level but dose it have a twist to it? Are all four corners that the tank sits on co-planer?

The attached picture are the measurements from the bottom trim to the top trim, with the top trim being actually flat and level.

Attachments

• Uneven Measurements.jpg
    Uneven Measurements.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
It could be the tank itself, but chances are it is the stand. Have u put a straight edge like a 6' level across the hole front of the stand? Something long enough to do from corner to corner. Did u check the stand before the tank was on it? It won't work as good as a long straight edge but u can use a string to hold from corner to corner & it atleast give u a idea without moving the aquarium.

As far as the measurements being different, it is more likely for the top trim to be off rather then the bottom. If the tank has a warranty I would see what they recommend so u don't end up voiding your warranty. I would be certain before u contact them that it is the tank & not the stand that is the problem

Last edited:
The attached picture are the measurements from the bottom trim to the top trim, with the top trim being actually flat and level.

wow this sounds like a issue with the tank.

If you flip the tank upside down is there a gap in some places where the trim is not touching the glass?

This apparently is a issue that keeps popping up from this manufacturer.

I'd try flipping, but its 450lbs and I had a hell of a time just getting it up there to begin with

Last edited:
This apparently is a issue that keeps popping up from this manufacturer.

I'd try flipping, but its 450lbs and I had a hell of a time just getting it up there to begin with

OK

Then look down into the tank around the edge where the glass sits onto the plastic trim.. The glass should hit the trim all the way around evenly. My guess is the trim was not seated properly and the glass is sitting on adhesive in places causing your issue.. Its going to be on the end of the tank where bottom of lower trim to top of top trim is measuring widest.

I think its going to need to be returned
Sorry

Back