Stand builder in SFV

sharky's machin

Anyone know of a good, reasonably priced custom stand builder in the SFV or Simi Valley area? Looking for a wooden stand 48L x 24W x 32H.

Any cabinet shop can build one. For you size tank, a simple stand made out of 3/4" plywood with an oak or hardwood veneer would suffice just fine. Add a little molding and some stain and you will have a nice stand. I called my finished carpenter to see if he would be interested in your job but he said it probably wouldn't be worth his while and would likely be in the 1200-1500 range if he built it. That's without knowing what you are after too. If it were me, I would hit up a couple cabinet shops. There is a kitchen cabinit remodeling shop in my office complex. If you let me know more of what you are after as far as finish and design, I can walk over and ask them. Feel free to PM me. Worst case, if you have a power saw and some free time, it's a pretty easy build to do on your own. I've built a couple for my previous tanks using plywood veneer and molding from home depot. It shouldn't take much more than a day to complete if you are handing.

Last edited:
Give this guy a call. He is in my office complex in Chatsworth. He lives in TO and drives through Simi everyday. I went over and spoke to him about your stand and he indicated he could help you.
His name is Gary with Total Kitchen Remodeling. Number is: 818-709-7388. His is a really nice guy, they do good work and have been around a while. Let him know that his neighbor (Scott) in the complex referred you. Let me know if it works out.

Back