Starting again..crash

bckane

Premium Member
Lastweek had all new carpet put in my town house. Put the next day my whole tank was cloudy. I did a few water test and the Ph was off the charts, Im thinking it had something to do with the old padding and carpet removal. Lost all my corals and snail and shrimp. 3 clown fish left, seem to be eating ok. So today I just finished pulling all the old rock out and cleaning off the dead corals. Question do you guys think the sand will be still ok or do you think I should start with new sand.?
TIA
Brian

If everything died in the tank everything may have died in the sand too (pods worms snails etc) thats a lot of die off to deal with. if your starting over start new. How old is the sand anyway? May be a good idea to switch it out while you can regardless.

If everything died in the tank everything may have died in the sand too (pods worms snails etc) thats a lot of die off to deal with. if your starting over start new. How old is the sand anyway? May be a good idea to switch it out while you can regardless.
The sand has been in there seen day one, maybe 3 years. Who carriers sand around town now, I use to get mine from treeman ?

Back