Starting my 3 gallon soon

Curve

Okay so I've been wanting to do this for a while and I almost have everything together. I bought the tom aquatics 3 gallon with the 80 gph filter. 3lbs. of live sand and 3 lbs of rock. I am putting together a led fixture thats dimmable with 8 leds. I should be about to support any life I want with 24 watts of leds on this tank. I can't wait to get it going. What should I stock it with?

I've got 19w of LED over my 3g and it's insanely bright. 24w will be more than enough to grow anything you want, just have to be very careful about bleaching!! :)

I plan to stock a small goby, small shrimp, and mixed zoas. I setup my tank about 1.5-mo ago but have yet to add anything.

Im using already cycled water rock and sand so I will be able to start stocking almost imediately. Im pulling water from my 210. I figured it would be to bright so I bought dimable ballast so I can turn it as low as I need to

I used cycled rock/sand in mine when I started also. Managed to kill a fireshrimp and a clown a couple of days after adding them about a week after starting my tank. Got to be careful with these pico's, they are way more sensitive then bigger tanks. Just from IME, I wouldn't start stocking for a couple of weeks at least.

i figured 2 weeks to be safe. I dont rush into anything anymore my last tank took 2 months to cycle for some reason so Im very aware.

Got my leds in this morning and Im gonna build the fixture this weekend. Ill start posting pictures then.

Back