Still confused reading Red Sea test kits

NedFlounders

Base of the plunger is at .4 Yet the titrant is at .2 . The syringe will only fill up to .8 even when the base of the plunger is at 1.

So what is this reading for Magnesium??

BD8131C0-3B99-4266-A91C-C11CA587E880.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The syringe is calibrated to allow for the air space. You used .6m/l during titration so your Mag is 1200

No problem. Just remember, when you fill the syringe just stick it in the water and draw back. Don't ever get rid of the air. Like I said, the syringe is already calibrated to allow for it.

Are you sure the syringe is supposed to have air in it. All this time I get a little in and flick the air out

Last edited:
No need to flick the syringe. The tip of the syringe that is red accounts for .1ml this comes off and on. If you were to take it off and draw back a full 1ml you would get exactly that amount. So with the red/blue and clear tips on it accounts for that .1ml of solution displaced which is why it stops at .9ml instead of 1ml when you draw back.

If you look up red sea on youtube, they have instructional videos on how to use all their test kits.

Mark,. how do you inbed the videos like that? One site I'm a member of all we had to do was remove the s in the HTTPS: I tried that here and doesn't work

Back