Stillwater Mini-Meeting 2007!

Travis L. Stevens

Stillwater Mini-Meeting: 2007
Well, us northern Oklahoman folks are long overdue for a gathering. The past Stillwater Mini-Meetings have been great, so lets do it again. We've had a large increase of reefers in Stillwater, Ponca City, Enid, and a few other places. It's time that we bring in this new blood for people to meet and get to know.

Who Can Come?
Anyone! You don't have to be from northern Oklahoma, nor do you have to be a COMAS member. The more the merrier.

What is going on?
At this meeting we are going to do like every other meeting. Just get together, get to know one another, answer questions, etc. No real event is taking place, but the bringing of frags to be exchanged, books to read, cameras to take pictures, etc is highly encouraged. We will also dedicate a certain time frame about discussing whether or not these Stillwater Mini-Meetings should become official COMAS events. Some questions that will be asked are if we want to organize more officially: if so, how often, why, and so on; if not, why not, what do you want to do, etc.

Where is it?
Location to be determined. Default is my apartment. Due to lack of space in an apartment, an alternate venue might be needed.

When is it happening?
Time to be determined. Most likely either Saturday May 26th or Saturday June 2nd.

While I'm all for grilling good food, meeting somewhere, and just generally chatting, let's hear what you have to say! so maybe my small apartment might not be the best location. Any ideas? Maybe meet at a park? Anyone willing to offer a larger home as a venue site? What would you like to do at the meeting? Let's discuss this below and sign up who will be willing to attend.

Attendance
Travis Stevens (+ Family)

All right, bout time I do this, sign me up! :D

Attendance
Nick Jenson (nIx_tank)
Adam & possibly Jess (papagimp)

If this list gets big we could do this at my place here in Enid... maybe, I will have to see, but I am all in! I need to talk to Goose007 about getting a Bar-B-Q going! This sounds great!

Attendance
Nick Jenson (nIx_tank)
Dustin King (Dtking)

Attendance
Nick Jenson (nIx_tank)
Dustin King (Dtking)
--Possibly my Upstairs Neighbors*

*It turns out the the mother of my upstairs neighbor comes over a lot and has just started a 55g tank a few months ago. I told her about COMAS and OMAS and all of us here in northern Oklahoma and she is stoked about it.

I suspect that up to 20 individuals and their respective families could possibly show at the event. It's not certain, but that could potentially be really large.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9861236#post9861236 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Travis L. Stevens
[B I told her about COMAS and OMAS and all of us here in northern Oklahoma and she is stoked about it. [/B]

Just like a drug pusher....getting the poor helpless folks addicted to fish! :D Way to spread the reefing gospel.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9861282#post9861282 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by papagimp
Just like a drug pusher....getting the poor helpless folks addicted to fish! :D Way to spread the reefing gospel.

Well, the blue lights in the windows have already attracted local law enforcement officials to slow/stop as they drive by as well as other people. It's interesting to see the side of my apartment complex all lit up with yellow windows except mine which is the brightest and blue :lmao: It's like a bug light.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9861313#post9861313 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Travis L. Stevens
Well, the blue lights in the windows have already attracted local law enforcement officials to slow/stop as they drive by as well as other people.

My first trip to Paul W. house, I distincly remembering asking jess to watch out for his address so we don't miss the house, and then the blue lights showed up in the distance..... wow! :lol:

Man i can not make either date. Wedding on the 26th and in Boston on the second.

Bummin here

I have talked to Goose, and he said that he would like to come and we can do the BBQ thing if this meeting moves this way! :)

keep me updated on the progress of this. Right now I live with my parents, (still house shopping) but they have a 3 car garage and a big driveway, if we all pile in, you can fit about 9 cars in the driveway alone! and of course there is a street! *LOL*

Radcat, are you moving both weekends? I'm sure some of us here can help you move in order to help you free up some time to gether with us.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9867100#post9867100 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Travis L. Stevens
Radcat, are you moving both weekends? I'm sure some of us here can help you move in order to help you free up some time to gether with us.

Yeah, definitely hit us up!

Also, I still have your leftfield CD I need to get back to you. I opened my case the other day, and saw it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9871200#post9871200 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Krbekk
rad give a shout if you need help, I have a truck, dollies, tie down straps ect...

Thanks for the offer but both roomates have a truck.

Put my husband and myself of the list. I would love to have a meeting that is closer to where we live. Also, if you can have whatever paperwork is needed to join COMAS at the meeting that would be great.

Kim

Back