Stock list for 120

tokomi

Hi everyone,
It's been awhile and my tank has fallen into disrepair, due to time constraints and laziness. I just tore it down 1.5 months ago and scrubbed and cooked the rock. I removed the sand bed and now going to go with a bare bottom. Even when I had the tank running in the past it was never fully stock only had 2 clowns, jaw fish and a tang. I was just wanted to get some input on whether or not this would be too much for my 120 and if possibly there is any room for more.

Dwarf Angelfish X 1
Lyretail Anthias, Red, Male X 1
Lyretail Anthias, Orange, Female X 3
Two Barred Rabbitfish X 1
Kole Yellow Eye Tang X 1
True Percula Clownfish X 2

Thanks,

Dwarf Angelfish X 1
Lyretail Anthias, Red, Male X 1
Lyretail Anthias, Orange, Female X 3
Two Barred Rabbitfish X 1
Kole Yellow Eye Tang X 1
True Percula Clownfish X 2

Thanks,

I do not know much of anything about the rabbitfish and everyone will have a different opinion about what is to many but to me it sounds like a nice list.

Kole will need rock with some film type algae unless you get one that will accept frozen readily. Anthias need to be fed often and as long as you keep up a feeding regimen it should work.

Thanks for the replies. My biggest issue has always been how much is too much. I always just kept a few fish in fear of over stocking. However, I would like to have as much activity in the tank as possible. I would really like to add another tang to that list possibly a hippo tang. Would two tangs be too much? I know the hippo tangs can/will out grow my 120 but i was planning on getting a small one and in a few years when I will have a good excuse to upgrade to a 180+.

Yes it is for a 120g but I have a 265g so the tangs are all good. 2 blue hippos, 1 purple tang, 1 sailfin, 1 orange shoulder

Back