Stock List for a 180 Gallon?

ItsGiuliano

So I need help with the fish I plan on having in this aquarium. I'm purchasing a 180 gallon aquarium (6 feet long) with an overflow system, dry rock and corals. Here's my list of fish that I plan on including in the aquarium.

Blonde Naso Tang
Blue Regal Tang
Sailfin Tang (or Purple Tang)
Longnose Butterflyfish
Foxface Rabbitfish
Mated pair of Ocellaris Clownfish
Pair of Bangaii Cardinalfish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Group of Blue/Green Chromis
Fairy Wrasse
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Flame Angel
Watchman Goby + Pistol Shrimp Pair
Yellow Clown Goby
Tailspot Blenny
Scooter Blenny
Red Ruby Dragonet
Mandarin Dragonet (after establishing a sufficient population of copepods, of course.)

also a cleanup crew and some cleaner shrimp. Not sure about which corals I'll buy yet. Let me know what I should change and keep.

So I need help with the fish I plan on having in this aquarium. I'm purchasing a 180 gallon aquarium (6 feet long) with an overflow system, dry rock and corals. Here's my list of fish that I plan on including in the aquarium.

Blonde Naso Tang Will get to big for your tank
Blue Regal Tang
Sailfin Tang (or Purple Tang)
Longnose Butterflyfish Not Reef safe
Foxface Rabbitfish Have venomous spines, can be a jerk. Mine was
Royal Gramma Basslet
Group of Blue/Green Chromis Will kill each other until only one is left
Fairy Wrasse
Flame Angel Usually not reef safe. I have seen some that are ok in a reef
Yellow Clown Goby Really small fish... Could get lost in your tank :D
Tailspot Blenny
Scooter Blenny
Red Ruby Dragonet Only will eat pods. Same with the mandarin
Mandarin Dragonet (after establishing a sufficient population of copepods, of course.)

also a cleanup crew and some cleaner shrimp. Not sure about which corals I'll buy yet. Let me know what I should change and keep.

Thanks alot, here's what I'm thinking the list should be from what you said.

Blue Regal Tang
Purple Tang
Foxface Rabbitfish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Fairy Wrasse
A few Anthias
Coral Beauty Angel (Is it safer than a flame angel?)
Tailspot Blenny
Scooter Blenny

Red Ruby Dragonet & a Mandarin Dragonet (after establishing a sufficient population of copepods, of course.)

I decided to include the foxface in the list anyways. I just have to hope I buy/raise one that's a little more friendly than most rabbitfish.
As for the Naso, what's a better fish to replace it for? I was thinking of getting a Moorish Idol (under the right conditions). Let me know what you guys think.

Blue Regal Tang
Purple Tang
Foxface Rabbitfish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Fairy Wrasse
A few Anthias
Tailspot Blenny
Scooter Blenny

Red Ruby Dragonet & a Mandarin Dragonet (after establishing a sufficient population of copepods, of course.)

I decided to include the foxface in the list anyways. I just have to hope I buy/raise one that's a little more friendly than most rabbitfish.
As for the Naso, what's a better fish to replace it for? I was thinking of getting a Moorish Idol (under the right conditions). Let me know what you guys think.

I am doing a similar stock list for my tank and am planning on adding a blue throat trigger or long horn cowfish as another large fish.

These may be good options for you as well if you don’t want to add another tang. If you do want another tang instead of the naso I would look at a bristletooth type and add all 3 at once

I am doing a similar stock list for my tank and am planning on adding a blue throat trigger or long horn cowfish as another large fish.

These may be good options for you as well if you don't want to add another tang. If you do want another tang instead of the naso I would look at a bristletooth type and add all 3 at once

Yeah, I might swap out the purple tang for a sailfin or yellow tang and consider a yellow eye kole tang. I'm pretty sure a blue throat trigger is reef safe and pretty peaceful. Likewise, both of the options you had in mind are great fish.

If I decide to purchase a moorish idol instead of a bristletooth, would that work too?

Blue Regal Tang
Purple Tang
Foxface Rabbitfish
Royal Gramma Basslet
Fairy Wrasse
A few Anthias
Tailspot Blenny
Scooter Blenny

my foxface is a model citizen, shes so friendly to everyone and just hangs out.

also look into a midas blenny, very cool. and maybe a halichoeres wrasse, although I wouldn't recommend one with mandarins as they'd be competing.

IMO if your going to go with a dwarf angel you might as well get the flame if that's what you like I don't really see any benefit to getting a coal beauty over it you are taking a chance with either. Starcki damsels are a good substitute if you want reef safe they obviously aren't an angel but look similar.

my foxface is a model citizen, shes so friendly to everyone and just hangs out.

also look into a midas blenny, very cool. and maybe a halichoeres wrasse, although I wouldn't recommend one with mandarins as they'd be competing.

Would two wrasses in the aquarium be a problem for mandarin dragonets regarding food?

Would two wrasses in the aquarium be a problem for mandarin dragonets regarding food?

I think so. The fair and flasher are not that big of pod eaters but the halichoeres would be competing with the mandarins. Maybe in a 180 maybe you can sustain a pod population that large. I have read a few threads on here recommending one or the other and not both though fwiw.

Back