stocking 40 gallon

markroll

i just recently upgraded to a 40 gallon tank. right now, i have a clarki clown and dwarf fuzzy lionfish with some zoos, mushrooms, a hammer, and open brain. i am thinking of adding another clarki. i would like some suggestions for a 4th (maybe 5th) fish. I had a starry blenny but he jumped. I would hate for that to happen again. i was thinking some kind of wrasse but am not very familar with wrasses. Anyway, lets hear the suggestions. I am aware of the size compatability issue having a lionfish, so please skip that discussion and make suggestions with that in mind. Thanks

stocking

stocking

I wouldn't add another Clarkii because the one you have is so established in the tank. In my experience the Amphiprion clarkii is one of the most territorial clownfish. I might go with a couple of cardinalfish or better yet a small angelfish species. A coral beauty or flame would be good. All angels with the exception of the Swallowtails (Genicanthus) may pick at or eat corals but the members of the genus Centropyge are less likely to do so. The coral beauty is the safest in some peoples opinions.

James

Back