Stocking a 2.5

Grandfinale03

What do you guys think? I have 3 red leg hermits now, and theyre happy as can be. What kinds of shrimp would look good in there? I dont really want fish bc of the bioload. Also what about snails & starfish? I think in a week or so I'm going to try my first hammer or xenia. What do you have or reccomend me getting? I do 1/2 gallon water changes weekly FYI.

You can easily put a shrimp like that in a 2.5. Shrimp don't need huge amounts of space, just somewhere to hang out and grab food.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7503116#post7503116 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nodbugger
You can easily put a shrimp like that in a 2.5. Shrimp don't need huge amounts of space, just somewhere to hang out and grab food.

thats what I thought but Agu siad you couldn't

Hmm, I have one in my 29, sometimes he runs around, but that is only to chase food, otherwise he hangs upside down in an overhang.

id ratherthe guy be comfortable in his surroundings. ill try sexy shrimp or something. maybe a hendersons shrimp. im now thinking abou a fish... like a clown goby. any help with this one?

Does everyone think a goby would be ok in a 2.5? I am starting a 2.5 and I didnt think I could put a fish in it.........

im gonna be honest, i got the smallest 6line wrasse i could find today and put him in there. he will be the oNLY fish, and when he gets bigger if he gets much bigger at all, im going to trade it back into the lfs ( i know the guy that i bought it from) and get a smaller one again no charge. Its cool to have the guy swim around and be curious of EVERYTHING. next im getting 2 sexy shrimp and calling it a day. then its coral time!

Update on 6line. He's happy as a clam. (A happy clam) I have 3 hermits... what would be the appropriate amount of porcelain crabs be? just the 1? Also what kind of starfish stay small? I want as many filter feeders and other waste eaters as i can have without overdoing it.

You probably won't be able to have the six line long. He will become very agressive in a tank the size of yours. I wouldn't put a starfish in your tank. I think you have enough crabs right now.

MUCH too small of a tank for a sixline. Unfortunately, not many newbies on this forum seem to listen to advise or care.

Back