stocking question

kevinohio

I have a 75gal FOWLR Everything looks good in it.
Live stock is as follows

3 assorted damsels
1 yellow tang medium sized
1 Niger tirger 3-4" lonng
1 Lunar wrasse 4.5" long
1 Baby clown trigger approx 2" long

I am thining of trying to trap the Damsels and take them to the local LFS. I dont mind them but I do lke the other fish more really.

I love the Clown triger but I know opinions vary on this fish.
I wanted a few opinions on the fish. I hear they can become very aggressive, at its current size it is not aggressive at all.
I also hear it may easly outgrow the current tank, Though I have alos heard they will tend to stay a large enoughsize to suit the surroundings, and not get to large.
Sorry if this is a really rookie wuestion, but I wanted some insights.
Am I ok with current stocking?

You may or may not have success with your setup. It is not ideal for the fish, but it could work.

Should you keep it like that? That's really a personal choice that you have to make...

All are very nice fish though!

A side question, what are you using for filtration? Triggers and tangs create A LOT of waste.

stocking

stocking

Protein skimmer, wet dry filter, though i have been slowly removing bio balls.
I am not 100% sure of skimmer make and model it was in the wet/dry system as part of a package.

When you say it is not ideal for the fish are you talking about too many? or the mix of types? or a bit of bth?\
I know its a personal choice but looking for opinions is all.

What does the chaeto do? I'm assuming for some kind of filtration. Does that sump need a light over it?

not ideal for you fish im assuming he means thats a pretty smaill tank for those larger fish you have in there.. how much LR do you have?

75 gallon tank approx 90lbs liv rock, live sand bed, protien skimmer. Levels are all good.
I am thinking of removing th damsels 3 of them, Maybe the clown as well.

Back