stocking suggestions 20 long

marineman26

hi everyone I have been away from marine fish for a couple years now and recently decided to go back at it but instead this time try to set up a 20 gal long. I know my tank is on the smaller side but thats how I want to set it up. I really like clowns and was wondering how many clowns I could do in this tank? and some other good beginner fish to stock it with. would like to know the max I could keep so any help would be good thank you......SHaun

okay thanks I have a 29 gal also that I used before when I was in it should I just use this tank again instead? kind of wanted to stay on the smaller side and I know a 29 is small also

I'd tank the extra gallons. Even the smallest clowns turn into fairly large fish when you consider girth.

thanks guys I really appreciate that. I think I will go with the 29 gal tank but is just two clowns all i could do? whats the chances of them with a yellow tail damsel. I am aware of aggression and all that but that would look good to me

A pair of clowns and a yellowtail damsel will work in a 29g tank. Yellowtail damsels are one of the more friendlier fish in the damsel family.

I say do what you want. Two clowns and another small fish is fine. Just be sure to keep up with your water changes and expect to do them more often.

Back