Stocking suggestions 57g

This tank is going to be a SPS/LPS tank at some point in the future so only reef safe fish. I want to add one more fish.

The current occupants are a cinnamon clownfish, a purple dottyback, and an orange tail damsel. I would like to add a pink spotted goby, but I am afraid that since the other guys are established occupants this may cause a problem. Thoughts? Suggestions?

IMO, you may have a hard time introducing anything to that tank with those fish being considered semi-aggressive/aggressive. You might can try a acclimation box.

I would think that a goby should be fine. It's a very different fish with a very different behavior. Most other fish don't really care about them.
I would think that this kind of goby should be fine, especially if you add it together with a pistol shrimp.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the thoughts!

This is my first semi-aggressive/aggressive stocking attempt... I was given the cinnamon clownfish from a friend whose other cinnamon clownfish was mercilessly beating him up. After researching, I figured the best chance of successfully adding other fish was a damsel and a dottyback.

I really miss my pink spotted goby but would hate to add a fish that would get beaten up! A pistol shrimp with one would be really cool.

Update!

I finally decided to try adding the pink spotted goby in my 57g, and all is well! The other fish didn't even take one look at the new addition like ThRoewer suggested, although the cinnamon clown is a little put out because the goby decided he liked the cinnamon clowns digs :D.

UPDATE to the update... for others to learn from my mistakes...

I caught the dotty lawn darting the pink spotted goby tonight. So I got take apart the aquascaping to remove the dottyback who is now floating in an acclimation box until I get a chance to take him to the LFS.

Maybe if I had added the goby to the tank before the dottyback it would have worked.

Back