Strange things happening in the middle of the night?

I have a question unrelated to the thread topic.

I really like your live rock, so much more "alive" than my own. Did you buy it online? If so, where?

Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7544796#post7544796 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by UrbanSage
I have a question unrelated to the thread topic.

I really like your live rock, so much more "alive" than my own. Did you buy it online? If so, where?

Thanks

No sorry I got it at my LFS

Yes, it was about that size. After I discovered him and gave him his own tank, I started feeding him directly. Got to the size of a half-dollar before I neglected him and he died...likely of starvation. :(

i had the same problem with streaks of salt on the glass in the mornings... but the problem got worse, it was definately the 4 ocelaris clowns as they hadent yet begun hosting an enenome...

then i woke one morning to find one had jumped out..... then i was up in bed after lights out and heard splashin so turned the light on straight away to find another clown flappin on the carpet... got him back in and all was good.

no idea why they wer jumping out but every splash i heard after that resulted in leaping to the lamp but luckily lost no more.

months later the tank over heated.... and what did i find amongst the tank but a small octopus half the size of my palm... he was terroising everything all night long

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7550963#post7550963 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lux_06
and what did i find amongst the tank but a small octopus half the size of my palm... he was terroising everything all night long

Wow. How big was your tank? The idea of a stealth octopus is pretty scary. It wasn't a blue-ring by chance, was it (one of the most venomous creatures on earth)?

BTW, has anyone read Michael Creighton's "State of Fear"? They have an interesing use for the blue-ringed octo in that book.

my tank was 400 liters... an open top tank too so lucky he didnt decide to jump into bed with me... only a meter from the tank!

i thought i saw a star shaped shadow one night when i turned a lamp on but thought nah what am i trippin on....

being a lucky inhabitant of South Australia, those blue rings are native to all of our local beaches!!!!

Back