Strange things happening in the middle of the night?

cantfindnemo

I have strange things happening in my tank late in the night. I was wondering if anyone has been threw the same thing and what might be causing it.

First off my lights run 10 hours a day from 1ish to 11ish at night. Now during the day every thing is normal but when the lights go off something is happening. Every morning there are traces of water splashing out of the tank and running down the sides quite a lot of it two. Most of the time it is in the same place which is in the back corner but there are times it is in the front or the other side. I run my tank with an open top because the compact light gets way to hot for the glass top the tank came with.

I have tried staying up late to see if I could see anything happening but no such luck, hell I have even used my camcorder which has night vision on it to look at the tank in the middle of the night, and yes my girlfriend thinks I am nuts, but still could not catch anyone doing anything in the tank.

Now something totally new has started to happen not only the water spilling out of the tank but now something is starting to pick up some of my zoo frags and playing hide and seek with them. This has happened twice the past 3 days with my green zoo’s and my blue ones. I no my power heads are not sweeping them away because I have them positioned to where that could not happen.

My list of fish and inverts are down below \/ \/ \/

Thanks if anyone can help

Every night when I see them they are both sleeping........all the fish are I have stayed up till 3 to 4 in the morning trying to catch them but the just sleep.

There probable laughing at me for staying up that late looking at them and as soon as I leave to go upstairs its parrrrrrrrrrryt time woooooooooooo. splash splash.

I would stalk the tank a couple more nights. Thats the only way you will find out. I have the night cam also, you might try using moonlights, the night vision could potentially see right through whatever is doing it.

Did you find the zoo's or are they gone?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7515983#post7515983 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GoldenAquatics

Did you find the zoo's or are they gone?

Yeah thank god the blue frag cost me 100 bucks and its only an inch long I am just glad it was up front under a rock and not in the back where I would have to tare the tank down...............now who could put it under a rock?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7516146#post7516146 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Agu
Where does your maroon clown sleep ?

He sleeps in the bubble tip.............is that normal?

Is the zoo's located near the bubble? I had a maroon clown and bubble it was mated too, it would move anything even the sand away from the bta....just a thought....

Aren't triggers notorious for rearranging rocks? Maybe he's nosing the zoos off their perch...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7516217#post7516217 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fusch13
Is the zoo's located near the bubble? I had a maroon clown and bubble it was mated too, it would move anything even the sand away from the bta....just a thought....

No the zoo's are on top, I learned that real quick with the clown. he and his woman the bubble tip have the whole front left corner all to there selves no sand no rock no nothing. If my hand gets in the way I better watch out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7516228#post7516228 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy Blaze
Didn't know clowns mated with anemones?

:) Sorry, had to say it.

The way mine act they might as well be mated. My trigger tells me all the time they need to get a room.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7516224#post7516224 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Debbie64
Aren't triggers notorious for rearranging rocks? Maybe he's nosing the zoos off their perch...

Niger triggers are pretty tame tho. I seriously dought my trigger is doing it but you never no I guess.

Yeah i learned that too, had the two before i had a tank die off for about 4 yrs....it was an interesting relationship, but definently could not keep anything close, even if i moved sand back not seconds later he was there moving it with his tail. It might be the trigger....never had one but i was always told they are not too reef compatible...but since ive never owned one i cant say for sure.

Jeremy Blaze,

Thanks for the comment.....it was the best term i could think of while typing, but when i saw it post i thought, man did i open myself up for a comment...lol

Your girlfriend is ****ed off that you spend so much money on your reef instead of her......shes just getting even :lol: :lol:

Back