Suggestions on where to get a 50-55 with overflow

leetch

It's been a while since I converted my reef to a fresh water tank but I'm getting the itch again to go back to reefing. I'm looking to get a 50-55g tank but want to get one that has a built in overflow and pre-drilled since I'm pretty sure I would ruin a tank if I tried it myself.

Any suggestions on where to get one would be greatly appreciated.

Most 55's today are made with all tempered glass, so they can't be drilled anyway. Most fish stores that sell saltwater fish can get pre-drilled drilled marineland or other tanks. There's always craigslist too.

65 is about the smallest pre-drilled you can get on readily available ones like Marineland and Aqueon. You could probably order one custom online, though.

I could have sworn that aqueons and top fins from petco and petsmart are tempered bottom only. You can buy a synergy, modular, or eshopps eclipse and drill on the back no problem.

I looked at my LFS but their prices were ridiculous - close to $500 for a pre-drilled 55. I'll look at Marineland and Aqueon. I just don't want to buy something, try to drill it myself and end up cracking it.

If I need to push to 65 I will, just need to make sure my stand can handle it.

If you are willing to wait the 4 days or so for it to arrive to you then check out SC Aquariums. They are already predrilled and with 3 holes so you can do herbie. The marinland RR tanks are only 2 holes so you are either durso or running your return over the back.

Anyone ever used this tool for their radion?

Anyone ever used this tool for their radion?

mistake reply

If you are willing to wait the 4 days or so for it to arrive to you then check out SC Aquariums. They are already predrilled and with 3 holes so you can do herbie. The marinland RR tanks are only 2 holes so you are either durso or running your return over the back.

I don't mind waiting - patience is a virtue and I want to make sure I do things right. I'll check it out, thanks.

Anyone have any experience with TruVu aquariums? I saw another place called Glasscages - looks like they make custom solutions....any thoughts?

Last edited:
Back