Suggestions: Vortech MP40 (how many?_

nogascans

Check out Ecotech's website for their flow calculator. Should be listed under the MP40 web page. It can help you determine best unit/units. You can also download the user manual in .pdf and check out section on placement in tank.

Sincerely,

David

Portsie

I would add another mp40. I have one 40 and 2 10's on my 90. I got a good deal on the 2 10's used, otherwise I would have went with another 40.

jam583

I would add another mp40. I have one 40 and 2 10's on my 90. I got a good deal on the 2 10's used, otherwise I would have went with another 40.

Sort of what I'm thinking .. but at $400+ pop, it's gotta wait just a little Right now, no fish in the tank. A few hermits and snails, but thats it. I figure I could add the clownfish with the one Mp40 and in a month, add the other.

Thoughts?

Breadman03

New Old School
Premium Member
Sort of what I'm thinking .. but at $400+ pop, it's gotta wait just a little Right now, no fish in the tank. A few hermits and snails, but thats it. I figure I could add the clownfish with the one Mp40 and in a month, add the other.

Thoughts?

Take your time. After 90 days, 50 posts, and a day or two for the system to update, you will be able to access the classifieds and will probably be able to find a better price. Just make sure to search for the user you are considering to get an idea of their reputation.

A single MP40 will be okay for your tank, but a second one will be really nice. In the interim, you might consider getting a Marineland Maxijet. They are quite handy for mixing salt or tossing in a QT, so it won't go to waste when you upgrade.

Portsie

Take your time. After 90 days, 50 posts, and a day or two for the system to update, you will be able to access the classifieds and will probably be able to find a better price. Just make sure to search for the user you are considering to get an idea of their reputation.

A single MP40 will be okay for your tank, but a second one will be really nice. In the interim, you might consider getting a Marineland Maxijet. They are quite handy for mixing salt or tossing in a QT, so it won't go to waste when you upgrade.

+1 I started with korallias, and when I upgraded I just kept them around. Use one to mix my salt water.

thegrun

Team RC
I would also suggest adding another if you are keeping corals, particularly SPS corals. Having two gives you a lot of options with flow switching between sync and anti-sync. You will see improvement in your corals.