Sulfur Denitrator WORKS!!

InADream

I'm That Guy!!
As some of you may know I recently built a Sulfur Denitrator out of a Phosban reactor, for those of you that dont know here is the link..

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1247930&highlight=diy

For some time now it has given trouble but after all that it works... I just got back from John @ FAOIS and after testing the water on a LaMotte test kit, my tank now has 0 Nitrates...

Thanks to John this has become a success story..

Before I began I was guilty of using a cheap test kit and getting crappy results. So my starting nitrates were around 40 ppm but as high as 100...
I used this reactor on a 50 gallon tank which I feed WAY too much... Now my fish can be FAT with minimal adverse affects...

Dream

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11639277#post11639277 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mflamb
My nitrates are always less than 2, so I'm filing that idea away.

for now....:D

Shibumi, The total cost was around 95.00 without the media. You could find the media from someone around the board for cheap...
It took a total of 8 wks to cycle, and thats only because I was impatient in the beginning and sped the flow up to early... All in all it was a fun project and very rewarding...
I also learned a valuable lesson from all this, dont buy cheap test kits LOL

Dream

I'm thinkin this is going to be my next DIY project... I think I am going to copy the design in the second link Mike posted.

Yeah Chris, the second link would be a better idea for your tank since it is twice the size of mine... I like the whole acrylic idea vs the pvc so you cna see if air is getting in, because air will destory the bacteria.... Other than that it is an awesome DIY project...

Dream

Back