Sump and pump recommendation

Reefrock

Premium Member
Hello,,

Getting.back into the hobby and have a question regarding a return pump along with sump. I am looking for recommendations on a submersible pump to go ina sump for a 75gl tank. I am also looking for suggestions on a simple budget friendly sump..or maybe I just start with a small tank and add dividers, etc. I am setting this up for my college son I a budget so just need basic but reliable. Started out with a penn play cascade canister pump and need to upgrade to a sump. Also, a overflow will also be needed as tank is not drilled .

Any suggestions and advice is appreciated

The tank is full of water and can or be drilled.

I do see that Jaebo has a DCP and DCT with looks to be a DC voltage model. I assume the DC voltage is cheaper to run that a AC unit.. is that correct...also is one newer or replaces the other model?

The tank is full of water and can or be drilled.

I do see that Jaebo has a DCP and DCT with looks to be a DC voltage model. I assume the DC voltage is cheaper to run that a AC unit.. is that correct...also is one newer or replaces the other model?
Can not be drilled?

Yup DC voltage so I bought a size higher than I needed and run it at 40%. I have the DCP I think the DCT is the next generation.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

For the sump just wait for petcos $1 per gallon sale and then go to home Depot and get some acrylic and silicone... Or get glass cut at a glass place.

My first sump was a pre made one and it was okay but expensive and not any better than a cheap tank with baffles glued in to your exact specs.

I've used ponoko acrylic cutting for things like sock holders, I had them make a custom side mount sock holder for like $20 you just have to design it and glue it together.
4491075b26fc0e3051bd3e239d1af293.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have an in-line pump for sale in case you decide to go that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back