Sump cleaning?

beaker77

I think I'm missing something here.

I spilled a little RowaPhos in my sump and I can't figure out how to clean it up. The sump and bucket are at the same level and I can't get a siphon started, I also can’t get the bucket any lower. There has got to be an easy answer, but it escapes me.

Thanks!

I run my bucket outside and use a graden hose to siphon when I clean my slump. Can you get any lower outside?;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8102642#post8102642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SA057
I run my bucket outside and use a graden hose to siphon when I clean my slump. Can you get any lower outside?;)

yes I can go lower outside. I will try that tonight. Thanks.

I picked up a python syphon that hooks to the sink. You don't have to worry about gravity then. I can change 25 gallons of water in 15-20 minutes now instead of the 30-40 it use to take with carrying buckets. I then pump the water back over with a powerhead.. It works great vacuming stuff out of the tank. If you have a sink you can use near the tank, Order one online or print out the Petsmart online price and take it to the store so they can match it.

Back