sump for 92 gallon corner tank

rheagle1us

Can anyone tell me where to find some good directions for setting up a sump for my 92 gallon corner tank. I have had this tank for about 3 years with a few soft corals, anemones, and fish. I have a hob skimmer that is needing to be replaced. I was thinking about the Reef Octopus 2000. Then maybe, rather than replacing it, I was debating on just putting a sump with a skimmer underneath?

I have a 29 gallon tank that will fit under the stand that I could use. I know it's a bit small, but it's what I can do right now. there is no way to get any other tank under there. Would this be a feasible idea for the 250 - 300 price range, or should I just go with the Octopus 2000?

I have read several posts about sumps, but I haven't found anything with details that seems to fit my situation.

Thanks for all advice!

Last edited:
I owned the same tank and found it very difficult to put a sump in... A 29g should do I'd say! I used the largest Rubbermaid bin that I could fit with a cut off five gallon salt bucket as the skimmer and drain section... Worked well for over two years...

I use a 28 gallon bowfront tank as my sump in 92gal corner tank. Fits like a glove in the stand. Have a room for 5 gallon top off behind it too.

Makes for a nicer tank as you can hide some of the equipment and can contribute to stability as you are increasing the water volume... Usually louder however

Back